Government of Nepal
Ministry of Federal Affairs and Local Development
Office of District Development Committee
District Technical Office
Project for Strengthening the National Rural Transport Program (SNRTP)
Invitation for Bids
First Date of publication: 17th November, 2015
Contract Identification No: SNRTP-PAL-W-NCB-17.06-PM-071-072
Name of the Development Partner: IDA
Credit/Grant No: H5336-NP/H899-NP
1. The Government of Nepal [GoN] has received a credit/grant from International Development Association (IDA)towards the cost of Project for Strengthening the National Rural Transport Program (SNRTP)and intends to apply part of the funds to cover eligible payments under the Contract for Periodic maintenance of Bastari-Jhadewa-Gothadi Road, contract identification No.: SNRTP-PAL-W-NCB-17.06-PM-0710-72 and Periodic maintenance of Harthok-Chhahara-Tingire Road, contract identification No.: SNRTP-PAL-W-NCB-17.07-PM-071-72
2. Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines; Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits, January 2011 and is open to all bidders from Eligible Source Countries as defined in the Bidding Documents.
3. District Technical Office, Palpa, Project for Strengthening the National Rural Transport Program on behalf of Ministry of Federal Affairs and Local Development, Office of District Development Committee, invites sealed bids or electronic bids from eligible bidders for the Periodic Maintenance including bituminous patchworks and resealing of Bastari-Jhadewa-Gothadi Rural Road, Ch.0+000 to Ch.7+700,and Harthok-Chhahara-Tingire Road, Ch. 0+000 to 8+000 with contract details as follows:
Package No. Contract
ID.No. Road Name Cost of Bid Document Bid Validity Period Bid Security Amount & Validity Period
1 SNRTP-PAL-W-NCB-17.06-PM-071-072 Bastari-Jhadewa-Gothadi Rural Road Nrs.3,000 90days Nrs.179,000 & Validity up to 120 days from the last date of bid submission
2 SNRTP-PAL-W-NCB-17.07-PM-071-072 Harthok-Chhahara-Tingire Road Nrs.3,000 90 days Nrs.251,000 & Validity up to 120 days from the last date of bid submission
4. To qualify for award of contract, eligible Bidders must meet the following key qualifications:
Package No. Contract
ID.No. Road Name Minimum Average Annual Turnover Minimum Work experience of similar size and nature
Construction Turnover of the best three (3) years within the last five (5) years is Nrs.21,500,000.0 Construction or Maintenance of two roads with Otta Seal or SBSD/DBSD or any bituminous road surface works of at least 17,500 sq. m. pavement area in each value not less than NRS. 5,100,000
Construction or maintenance of one road with Otta Seal or SBSD/DBSD or any bituminous road surface works of at least 35,000 sq. m. pavement area value not less than NRS. 10,200,000
Construction Turnover of the best three (3) years within the last five (5) years is Nrs.30,100,000.0 Construction of two roads with Otta Seal or SBSD/DBSD or any bituminous road surface works of at least 19,500 sq. m. pavement area in each value not less than NRS. 7,100,000
Construction of one road with Otta Seal or SBSD/DBSD or any bituminous road surface works of at least 39,000 sq. m. pavement area value not less than NRS 14,200,000
5. Eligible Bidders may obtain further information and inspect the Bidding Documents at the Office of District Technical Office, Palpa or may visit PPMO website www.bolpatra.gov.np
6. A complete set of Bidding Documents may be purchased from the District Technical office, Palpa by eligible Bidders on the submission of a written application, along with the copy of company/firm registration certificate, and upon payment of a non-refundable cost as given in the above table on or before 16:00 hrs till 16th December, 2015.
Bidder who chooses to submit their bid electronically may purchase the hard copy of the bidding documents as mentioned above or may down load the bidding documents for e-submission from PPMO’s Web Site www.bolpatra.gov.np. Bidders, submitting their bid electronically, should deposit the cost(as specified above) of bidding document in the Project’s Rajaswa (revenue) account as specified below and the scanned copy (pdf format) of the Bank deposit voucher shall be uploaded by the bidder at the time of electronic submission of the bids.
Information to deposit the cost of bidding document in Bank:
Name of the Bank: Rastriya Banijya Bank, Tansen, Palpa
Name of Office: District Technical Office, Palpa
Office Code no. 40-365-03
Office Account no.: Ekal Dharauti Ac No 3030203000000 kha-3
Rajaswa (revenue) Shirshak no. : 14227
Rajaswa (revenue) Ac No: ka-1-1-001
7. Pre-bid meeting shall be held at District Technical office, Palpa at 13.00 hrs on 7th December, 2015.
8. Sealed or electronic bids must be submitted to the District Technical office, Palpa by hand or through PPMO website www.bolpatra.gov.npon or before 12:00 hrs on 17th December, 2015. Bids received after this deadline will be rejected. The bids will be opened in the presence of Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at 13:00 hrs on 17th December, 2015 at the office of District Technical office, Palpa.
9. All bids shall be accompanied by a Bid Security for the amount and validity period as specified in the above table. Bidders are required to submit a separate bid security for each contract for which they submit the bids. The bid security guarantee shall conform to the standard format as specified in the bid document. The bid security guarantee issued only by commercial banks approved by Nepal Rastra Bank shall be accepted.
10. Bidders are required to specify the total price of the Bid in the Letter of Bid or the Bid Price in the Bill of Quantities. Failure to specify the total price of the Bid in the Letter of Bid or the Bill of Quantities shall be ground for declaring the bid non responsive.
11. If the last date of pre-bid meeting, purchasing and /or submission falls on a government holiday, then the next working day shall be considered as the last date. In such case the validity period of the bid security shall remain the same as specified for the original last date of bid submission.
Chief District Engineer